Friday, November 22, 2019

Do You Still Believe In Love?




Even if I am going through separation after a 15 year long relationship, I still believe that there is someone for every one. And if this ended, maybe it is because we had different people waiting for each other, and we had other people that we were waiting for.

I was never the one to put that much accent on marriage. I used to drive my mother nuts telling her that I won't get married. Well, as you know, life changes, and I did get married. And now I am getting divorced. But that's life. Some make it for life, and others ... well, for others it takes a while to find that "for life" part.

I wouldn't mind being married again. Being someone wife, having his name. Knowing that he is my husband, and all that. But I don't really like the wedding day. I know. I'm not the typical girl. I wasn't that nuts about the wedding day the first time either.

I think the wedding day should be about the two of you. About your love for each other, and how that day is about you wanting to be together, live together, and face goods and bads together. Not about how many guests you have, and what traditions to follow, and how to entertain every body. They should be there for you, and not the other way around. They should celebrate you, and try to make your day special for you. Because the two of you should be the center of attention, not the guests.

But I've always had a different view on things and the world. So I know that each dreams in their own way.

If I get married again, I want it to be about us. About me and the wonderful man standing next to me. I want us to be happy with whatever decision we make. If we both decide we want to get married on the beach, I want next to us people who would encourage us to have the happiest day of our lives. Who will support our decision and be happy for us, and with us.

Love isn't just about that love feeling. It is also about finding that someone who understands you. Who it is like you, or who likes how you are, even if they are different, and they don't try to change you. Love is about having that "I can tell you anything" feeling. Or, "I can't wait to get home to you". It is about supporting one another, encouraging one another, and helping one another.

This is how I see love. And I am sure that this exists.



Photo credit: pixabay

 
If this helped you in any way, you can donate a little something to help me keep going. No amount is too small, but it is deeply appreciated. Thank you :)
 
 
 Donations : PayPal
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment