Sunday, April 12, 2020

Relax, Rest and Breathe ... You are Enough




If all you've done today was to get out of the bed and make it to the living room ... that's ok, and perfectly normal. I doubt anyone will get out a genius out of this pandemic isolation.

I've seen a post on Instagram at some point, saying that if you don't come out of this isolation with a side hustle, a new skill or learned something new ... you didn't lack time, you lacked discipline or organization. And I have to say I first thought the post was right, and that I should start doing everything I can to mobilize myself and create something. Have a side hustle, learn something new ... just do something to don't lose this time I've been given.

I thought I would feel motivated to take action, to do something, to change my entire life, but the truth was that I was actually feeling worst. I was feeling like I am no good, because I have this opportunity and I am wasting it. Like I am only consuming, and not creating anything. So, of course, panic and disappointment settled in. My self esteem dropped, and I was finding it even harder to get motivated.

Then, days later, I see the same post, but on someone else's account, where the part of the side hustle, new skills, or learning, was cut off, and written below: "You are doing just fine", explaining how not everyone has the ability to transform this pandemic into something productive.

It is hard on all of us. We are all scared, we all experience difficulties, we all miss people, some might even lost loved ones ... it really isn't easy. We are all bored out of our minds, and sometimes learning a new skill also requires you being in a state of mind that you can actually assimilate the information. Maybe you can start and see that you can concentrate, and it makes you good to do something, but if you don't feel like it, than you are just fine. You don't need an extra stress factor. You don't need to rewrite the theory of relativity, Einstein did a great job on that :)

Rest, relax and breathe ... you are fine just as you are, and just with as many things that you can accomplish today. And if all you did today was to be able to keep yourself sane, then ... my dear friend ... you've had a wonderful day, and you've accomplished a lot. Don't be so hard on yourself! You're doing the best you can, under the given situation :)

Breathe. You are Enough.

Happy Easter to those celebrating it! ๐Ÿ’“



Photo credit: Jill Wellington from Pixabay
 
 

If this helped you in any way, you can donate a little something to help me keep going. No amount is too small, but it is deeply appreciated. Thank you :)

Donations : PayPal
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment