Living these days in isolation you might find that it is so easy to have your peace and energy thrown up the walls. You are confided in a small house - and, trust me, no matter how big your hows is, when you have to live there 24/7 with someone else, that space feels like 1 square meter - you hear sad, depressing news on every channel, you see empty streets, a sense of fear is always present, and the list can go on.
If, before that, when you had a fight you could go, take a walk, or just go to another room and chill and restore your energy, you might discover that these are things that might no longer be available. If you do have the possibility to go outside for 10 minutes - of course, taking all the precaution necessary to be outside in these times - than do so. Avoid any other contact, wear gloves, wear a face mask, and go take a walk. Or sit next to a tree. Yes ... I know ... everybody on the internet is sending you to go hug a tree. They do, because if you haven't done it before, you have no idea how much it can change your vibe.
If you can't go outside, ask the person you were fighting with to at least give you the necessary time, space and intimacy that you need. And as they respect yours, you will respect theirs. So, go into a room, lay on the floor and sit there until you feel you are all better. Or watch something on the TV. Read a book. Or just lay in bed if this is what you feel you need to recharge. Usually you will feel what you need to do.
Limit your connection to the people that you know their messing with your energy. I, myself, had two phone calls today that I knew how our discussions usually turn, and that they end up with my energy affected. On the first phone call, I've reacted to what I was told, and that kind of drained me. On the second call, I've started reacting, but as I was already pretty drained from the previous discussion, I stopped. I took a pause, letting the other person talk, and I've started responding instead of reacting.
I have realized that I do not have to take decisions for the other person, I do not have to solve their problems, I do not have to look for ways out of their situations, I didn't even had to tell them what I think the solution might be. All I needed to do was listen, with an invisible wall in front of me, blocking their lower energy level they had at that moment, and offer my perspective only if and when requested, with the idea in mind that the rest is up to them, either they will consider my perspective or not.
I do not have to convince them that my perspective is good. I don't know if it's good. It's what I have in mind now, listening to their problem, but I am acting as an outside watcher, I don't know if I would feel the same if I was going through that scenario.
Just because you are isolated, and your only form of communication is through technology, doesn't mean you have to take all the calls that you know might not be good for you. You have the right to select your circle. You have the right to turn off a conversation when that makes you feel in any other way than good. You are going through an already stressful situation, don't add to it. Now, more than ever, choose your people, habits and interactions. And if it is a conversation you simply can't avoid, like talking to your boss or parents, for example, don't react. Just listen to them. And while you do that, imagine a wall between the two of you, and each of you keeps its own energy on his own side of the wall.
If you wouldn't let just anyone come into your home, you should guard your mind even more fiercely. This is your most priced intimate place. Keep it as safe and clean as possible.
Photo credit:
If this helped you in any way, you can donate a little something to help me keep going. No amount is too small, but it is deeply appreciated. Thank you :)
Donations : PayPal

No comments:
Post a Comment