Living isn't easy. And if anyone is telling you anything else, they're lying.
And this feeling of "life is hard", isn't related to how many money you have (although a comfortable life helps a bit), or how many friends you have (although really good friends can support you to face life better), or how many things you achieve (although, not having to worry about this aspect can help, and can also lift you up when you look at your achievements), or how wonderful your family is, how much you love your job, and so on. But having any of these, does help.
Happiness is found inside of you, not in the things outside of you. I agree with that. No person, thing, possession or action can make you happy if you can't see the good side in anything. I have been told that depression and anxiety are related to how you see the world. If all you did was see the bad in every situation, or if you were trained to look for the negative, that is what you will do regardless of how wonderful the situation might actually be.
I went on a vacation a few years back, it was my first vacation in a totally wonderful 5* All Inclusive complex, and it was so beautiful, that on my second or third day there I got so sad. The reason? I was thinking we have 4 more days and then we have to leave this wonderful place. Do you see where the problem is with this situation?! That I was in this amazing place, and instead of enjoy the moment and everything that place had to offer, all I was doing was to spend the time with sadness inside because it would all end.
Everything ends at some point. You can't live your life thinking of the moment when that great thing, experience, or situation will end. Just as every good situation comes to an end, so does every bad situation. Remember that the next time you feel like you are in something that has no way out. That it seems so bad that your entire body hurts. It all comes to an end. So when you get a good moment, enjoy that moment. Be present in it and live it, and feel it. And when you get a bad moment, grind through it and remember that at some point everything ends, and so will this bad moment.
You see how important the view over life is?
I know that it is not easy to keep hope and a smile on your face when all you feel like doing is crying and shouting. I know how annoying it is when people tell you to do that stuff and you are fighting every day to breath. I know that so well, and so painfully tested on myself. But I also know that staying sad is not an option. You can't get out of sadness by staying in it. It's like trying to put out fire with fire. It only creates more fire. So add something that will make you feel good. Go for a walk, for an ice cream, watch a movie, listen to a song you like, paint, write, dance, read ... do whatever makes you feel good. A drop of what you like will be the beginning in changing your state of mind. Doing every day a bit of what you like, will eventually help you feel better and better.
Try it. It might surprise you.
Photo credit:
If this helped you in any way, you can donate a little something to help me keep going. No amount is too small, but it is deeply appreciated. Thank you :)
Donations : PayPal

No comments:
Post a Comment