I bet you didn't know this, or maybe you didn't thought it was possible, but you can teach your mind to genuinely be happy for other people's success.
I do have to admit that I wasn't the type to be happy for everyone's success in life. But that was a stop from me, because I was thinking why isn't it happening to me? I wanted to have that achievement too, or have that kind of success, or whatever the person did that I was hearing of.
I was happy for close family, for dear friends that I loved, but I couldn't be happy for everyone and anyone. And that is a normal feeling. It took me a while to understand that a certain amount of envy is good. Cause it will also push you to try it, and to succeed. And you know when you have that really great friend that has a major achievement, and they are so happy, and you are happy for them, but you've probably been struggling for a while, so you have that little thought somewhere deep down that is making you think "awww, I want that too. I want it to be also me celebrating my achievements". And, again, that is normal.
But the brain does what you tell it too. The reptilian brain, I know how it sounds, but this is how is called 😊 is where your behavior resides. Everything you do on autopilot, comes from there. The way you eat, the way you walk, how you move, how you react to certain situations, that all comes from there.
The neocortex, the rational brain, in the big part of the brain that helps you read, talk, and understand what it is being told to you. And you also have the emotional brain, the limbic brain. This is the part that makes you react with an emotion to your surroundings: anger, happiness.
You might have hear this before, but it is 100% true. Your brain does not know the difference between something that happened, and something that you imagined. He doesn't know if what you are thinking in your mind actually happened, or it is all just a fruit of your imagination. So, whichever thought you are giving to it, that is the one that he is going to believe.
You see how important it is what you keep thinking? If you think something over and over again, it will go into your reptilian brain, and transform into habit. Into a pattern.
If when a friend gives you a good news for them, you start smiling, try to gather all the happiness you have and genuinely congratulate them, and not let any other thought stop you, you can transform that into a habit. Every time someone shares a great news about them, think that that could be you. And because they did it, it is pure evidence that you can too. And be happy with all your heart that they did it, cause that means you can too, and you will too. Believe that in you. And smile. And tell them how happy you are for them, for their success.
If you will consciously do this every time you hear a good news, you will end up created the pattern for this in your reptilian brain, and you will see that as soon as you will hear a great news about someone, you will really feel real joy for them. Not faked, not forced, but real joy that comes from within you.
It won't happen over night, I'm not going to lie you here. But it won't take forever either. You will know when it worked because you will feel the joy came without you even realizing it. And that means a new pattern was created.
How is that helping you? First of all you won't get those bad thought of how everyone else is making it and you're not. It will make you feel happier and feel like you are having a better day, and that will attract even more good things towards you. And it will make you go forward, because your brain will associate their success with your ability to succeed as well, so that will motivate you and give you the power to keep going.
You see how many beautiful things come out of it for you, when you are happy for someone else? 😊 That is something worth working towards creating that genuine happiness for some else's success.
Photo credit:
If this helped you in any way and you found value in it, you can make a donation. No amount is too small, but it is deeply appreciated. Thank you :)
Donations : PayPal

No comments:
Post a Comment