Judging the "Gurus" and Realizing the Problem
I used to think that all those "gurus" so to call them, preaching about how beautiful and perfect life is and about how they overcome the hardships, I used to think that they were supposed to be perfect. They were never to feel bad ever again, because they found the secret. They hold the Holy Grail.
But, what I did forget was that they are people too, and that they too go through bad stuff, and they fall back into their dark places once in a while, and that is normal. I had to understand that going through bad stuff and learning how to get through it and pull yourself out, it doesn't mean that you're never going to fall back into it again. It only means that you will have the tools to pull yourself faster out of it. Or, to at least acknowledge that you are in it and you can act on getting yourself out of it.
I have worked on myself for a long number of years and, in the beginning I thought I will never be sad or depressed or just in a bad mood again, and when I found myself spiraling down I felt confused and mad at the same time. I mean, I knew better now, I've learned more and I knew myself better, why was I still having these bad moments?
But, then I realized that it's not about that. Now I know when I am in a bad mood. Now I know when something is off and when I am getting on that spiral. And, now I know better who I am, and what I need, and that there are techniques to feel better, and I know what works on me. And, where it doesn't work what I do know to apply, that is where I am looking for new ways to make myself feel better again.
And once you know to recognize that feeling of not feeling good anymore, like there's something off with you, you can't go back from that, and that is a great place to be in, because you don't just fall uncontrollably, you realize it, you recognize it, you know that you should take action to put yourself back on the right trajectory, and you do just that.
Actual Ways to Pull Yourself out of a Bad Mood
I wasn't feeling so good today. My life is changing. I am going through some things that I don't know what the next step will be, if I'll continue with what I've started, or if I have to steer myself towards something else, and what that "something else" might be, if it will work or not, and so many other questions. So, I was feeling quite down.
But I knew that something isn't right with me. I could feel myself spiraling, and I KNEW that I have to act on it. I kept telling myself that the thoughts I hear about me maybe not being good enough, or of the fear of failing - they are all a projection of me not feeling quite well. So, I had to push them away and take the power from them. You're just a thought. You're not real. This is happening because right now I don't know which way to go and you are a response of my mind who's afraid.
Then I said that I have to do something to shift the mind from fear and not knowing and uncertainty, to something that will make me feel good and ground me again. I met some friends and I told them that I'm not feeling well and that I just needed someone to help me take my mind off of this. We started talking about all sort of things and before I realized it, I was feeling better. I was engaged in the conversation and I wasn't thinking anymore about my fears and the decisions I had to make.
Then, I knew that a walk always helps. So, I did just that. I chose a park that I like and I took a walk through it. I have a water pond in it and birds that I was watching do their things and, once again, I was out of my mind again, and feeling better. The dogs and cats from the park also helped. Pet a dog and you'll shift immediately to a better feeling. It's like they are little sponges of bad energy, giving back such a wonderful feeling of peace and joy. - Joy, that's me :)
Then I started thinking about the possibilities that this new thing can bring. Yes, I have to make a change, but, who's to say that it will be a bad one? Maybe it will bring so much happiness and joy (- me again :) ) that it will turn out that this was the best thing ever. Maybe it will turn out that I don't actually have to give up what I started doing for good, but maybe for a while, or maybe it's just transforming and I'm coming back bigger and better than ever. Maybe this is adding something to me that will make me ever better at my job, at what I love to do. Or, maybe this is just meant to bring back the love in me for what I love to do, because lately I have forgotten that I love it, and that it was so fun.
It's just the Journey
I heard people say that it's not the destination, is the journey. It never is a destination. You're always moving towards something. You don't just set something and reach it and that's it. You keep moving, you keep evolving, your target keeps changing. You want new things. And that's good. You should do that. Otherwise, what happens when you reach it? You live like that for the rest of your life? 50+ years of doing the same thing day after day? You want a loving relationship for example, but when you have it, you don't just say "that's great, I'm happy" and you stop. You want a family next, marriage, a child or two, a better job, more money, a new adventure, a trip to where you've always wanted to go, and so on. There never is a destination, it's just a journey, and we forget to enjoy it because we're looking for the destination, but it never really comes, because it always changes.
Embrace that. Accept that. Be happy that you set new goals and you're alive and you're walking towards something. Grow, live, enjoy! It's all for you.
This new thing that is killing your brain right now because you have to decide on something that feels like life and death, that is just a part from your journey. There's no right or wrong answer, there's just which way you're turning now, left or right, you're going straight ahead, or going back a bit?
Who's to say that this new thing that you're trying won't bring you so much and so much fulfillment that you've always hoped for?
Thank you to everyone who made a donation, and to all the ones who are making donations. You are helping me carry on and give back what I've learned. Thank you 🧡
Donations : PayPal

No comments:
Post a Comment