2018 already started for three days now, and, of course, I am no different than the rest of the world. But that's more than ok, cause I don't want to be different, nor alike, nor perfect. I just want to be me, as I am, with flaws, with ups and downs, with good moments hopefully more than bad ones, with joy and happiness and wishes of better.
I want to write more this year. About what I feel, what I am living. This blog was always meant to be different. To tell the story of a true life, with true feelings and emotions that people go through every day, but rarely - if ever - talk about it. So this year I would like to try to write my story. Maybe I won't have things to talk about every day, but when that will happen I will just gather them together placing more days in one post.
Someone once told me that we shouldn't see the New Year as a beginning, but rather as a continuance. Apparently this way you don't set your mind to "having to start over", but just continuing what you already have. I don't know if this is true or not, but my story starts with:
December 30, 2017
Preparing for New Years, just as any other person in the world, especially women, I am cleaning my house, cooking what we were supposed to serve on New Years Eve and the first days of the year, and - for the very first time - I am taking time for me and going to a movie that I have so long waited for and wanted to see: #Ferdinand - which was simply amazing.
I am usually critic when it comes to movies and animations, because I have really seen a lot of them, and given the technology we have today I am expecting great things to be done, but this animation movie was just as wonderful as I have expected it to be after seeing the trailer. There were a few scenes with the calming goat that I didn't really see the point of, but overall, the movie was even better than the trailer.
This is not just an animation for children. The room was full with adults, either they came with kids or on their own. So, go see it. Have fun. Relax and enjoy an hour and a half of wonderful cartoon.
December 31, 2017
It's a Sunday, so of course that the only things I might do is make some sweets. Well ... if I had any left to do, but since I kept preparing for a few days, I had nothing to do now, so I chilled, and thought to go see another movie: #StarWars #TheLastJedi.
I have to admit that I wasn't that impressed with #TheForceAwakens, so I have postponed seeing this Star Wars episode, but I am happy to say that I have judged wrong and this episode was really good. Way better than The Force Awakens - of course, this is just my opinion.
So, this ends up being another movie that I recommend seeing. You do have to prepare yourself as it will last for 2 hours and a half, so go to toilet before entering, and arm yourself with enough snacks if you know yourself as someone who chews a lot during movies - or at least have some gum to keep you busy during the slow parts of the story.
This is the first year when I don't fell festive for New Year. I just didn't feel the New Year. The emotion I used to have in the past, the way I couldn't wait for it to come, to start a new year, to see the fireworks while I drink a glass of children champagne - my favorite every year. I was at the mall and it was almost sad to see how few people were in there. I guess I was the only one not feeling New Years Eve and since it was the first time going through this I had no idea how to react. I hoped I will catch the bug by seeing everyone else running all over the place preparing for it, but unfortunately it didn't happen. So I went home and waited for New Year to happen.
I've put on a nice outfit and some makeup before midnight, opened the children champagne with hubby and waited for the clock to show 12 o'clock. I felt a bit of emotion when midnight stroke and fireworks started, the TV was on and everyone was screaming Happy New Year, but it wasn't the strong feeling I used to have on this night, but I guess something is better than nothing at all.
I didn't feel sad or anything for not feeling New Year's Eve, I had a few Christmases I haven't quite felt, so it wasn't very tragic. Practically this was the first time when I saw 2018 as a continuity of 2017, just like another day has started, not another year.
January 01, 2018
The first day of the year was, as I said, just another day. Since we were both off from work we decided to go out for a walk and see what else comes our way. The weather was so beautiful you might have thought Spring was coming. After a walk we decided to go see another movie - as I told you, I am watching a lot of movies, the reason why I am acting like a critic, because I can compare them to others of its kind. We saw: #Jumanji
Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart and Jack Black are always a great idea for a movie, especially a comedy, but I had no idea Nick Jonas can act, and really well I might add.
I liked this movie a lot. Of course there was room for way more to do with the movie, more special effects, more action, more challenges ... but what saves them is the script, which has many funny moments, and the actors who act really well and gives the movie a nice flow, so you don't feel that much the need for more action.
You should go see the movie if you haven't already.
January 02, 2018
No more movies today. We are taking a break from it and just choose to take a walk to the mall, and be surrounded by people. I feel the need sometimes to be around many people. Hear them talk, laugh, pass by them on the street ... be a part of their lives for a split of a second, or watch them from a distance. You can discover so much about what being normal means just by watching others. I have a writer bone in me, I guess I was born like that, and watching people is what any writer does. We are also a bit off and we need others to connect us with reality, so we observe others, and learn that we are as normal as can be, because we see others do the exact things that we are doing, things that we were questioning ourselves if they are normal to do or say.
Tomorrow is back to work day. In a way I can't wait to start again and do amazing things. On the other side, I am trying to set a balance in my life and when I have a day off to act like on a day off.
I have also started to read again. I love my books, and I have missed them. I am assigning at least 30 minutes in the evening to read. I've finished #TheGreatGatsby and I loved it. I am actually sorry I've finished it and I won't meet Gatsby and Daisy, and Nick and Jordan. This was a story I didn't wanted to end, I wanted to go on and see how their lives went on. It was just like with The Catcher in the Rye, I've wanted that book to go on forever, until the characters got old, that is how amazing, complete and complex I found that book.
I've started The Name of the Rose, and I am hoping it will end up being just as wonderful as the previous two - I am reporting to these two because these are the ones I've read latest, because I lot the number of books I've read in my life.
January 03, 2018
I have finally reached the current day. As I said yesterday, this is the first day back to work from this year. I have many plans to grow my work, my business that I have with my sibling. I have also started writing this on my blog. I am not trying to make it a diary, I still want it to be a different kind of blog, a blog where if one person finds comfort then I am happy to know I've helped someone find their way, or at least helped them feel normal, understand they are not alone, and so many others go through similar experiences daily, they just don't talk about it.
Take time off, see a movie, read a book, write something down, cook something for the first time, go for a walk, buy something small for yourself - it doesn't have to be expensive - feed a street person or a street animal, do something that will break your usual cycle, and you will be amazed of how different you will feel, how your whole mood will change and how confident and good you will feel.
Have fun, and do something new, something just for you.
Oh ... and P.S.: I have decided to make a baby ... well ... we decided, cause I'm not making it alone :) ... I'll let you know how that works, and I'll tell you more about it tomorrow.
Photo credit: https://nature.desktopnexus.com
If this helped you in any way, you can donate a little something to help
me keep going. No amount is too small, but it is deeply appreciated.
Thank you :)
Donations : PayPal

No comments:
Post a Comment