Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Alone on New Year Eve




This was the very first time I was alone on New Year. Since I left my husband and moved back to my parent's house, by some chain of events, I decided to spend New Year on my own.

First I had someone giving me a free ticket to a party. I took it, but I didn't had that feeling like this is what I should be doing that night, so I gave it back. Shocking, I know, since it was free, but it wasn't what I felt like I needed.

Than I've talked to some friends and decided to go at the restaurant they were going. And that idea stuck for a couple of days, when I didn't feel it as the right one either. Plus, that I would have had to spend a part of the money I had saved before New Year, and that didn't settle all that well with me, especially since I needed the money for something else. So, I finally said no to these friends as well.

Then, around three days before New Year's Eve, a restaurant picture popped up on my Instagram account, announcing a discount (a really big one), to a New Year's Eve party, and the menu was almost royalty like. It was a bit less than what my friends were spending where they were celebrating, and I have to say I've contemplated it for a night or so. But, then, that feeling came back. It wasn't what I was sensing like I should do. And, of course, the money factor was weighing in again. So, I said to myself that I'll do it home alone, since I was going to be home alone anyway.

I've stacked on snacks, prepared what I wanted to watch on Netflix, and about two hours before midnight, I've decided to get dressed really warm - and you have no idea how many layers I had on me - and go out to town's square and see the fireworks. They've been amazing, a true magical show every year, so I felt like this was the perfect thing that I could do. And you know what? It felt right. Just right. Of course that deciding that late, and since it was New Year's, the buses and subways were rare, and I've arrived about a minute or two after it started. But it was so fun. All the people on the subway, that were also late as I was, we all ran towards the exit to catch the fireworks. We were all laughing, looking behind to see if we are all coming. Some were in pairs, some were with a group of friends, some were alone, and somehow, it felt like we were all together. As if we knew each other. I can't explain the feeling, but it was really nice. I got out of the subway, and still got a few good minutes of the fireworks - I'm pretty sure there were more than 10 minutes - and I loved it.

This was the feeling I was looking for. That feeling that "this is right". When you have that peace inside you, it means that this is what you should have done. This is the choice you should have made, the road you should have walked on. And I had that peace. I took a walk after, passing two subway entrances, because I just wanted to observe the city, to let it all in. The joy, the New Year, the beginning, the happiness and peace I was feeling, the smile on my face and the smile on the other people's faces, the many people that were out on the street, walking, just like me ... they were all making me feel so good. This was what I was supposed to choose. This was how I was supposed to spend my New Year's Eve, and I've loved every minute.

I came home with a big smile on my face, with a sense of happiness and peace in my heart, and with the joy for the many miracles that I knew they were coming. If my heart and my intuition can guide me to something that turned out so beautiful, and gave me so much joy, even if I was alone, but not making me feel like I was alone, than I know that my heart, my intuition, God and the entire Universe will guide me always towards my highest good.

Listen to your heart. She will always know what's best for you, because she will always be the decoder of the messages that God, Angels and the Universe are sending to you.

Listen to your heart. God is speaking to you through it.



Photo credit: Gerd Altmann from Pixabay


If this helped you in any way, you can donate a little something to help me keep going. No amount is too small, but it is deeply appreciated. Thank you :)
 
 
 Donations : PayPal
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment