Friday, April 9, 2021

It's YOUR Choice - You Know?!

 


I was always hearing motivational speakers saying this and I was thinking that it can't be true. It's not always your choice. There are situations where you have to do certain things, agree to certain things, because you don't have a choice.

But the more I think about it, the more I am starting to think they are actually right. I was thinking, yeah, maybe it is your choice if to watch the news or not. Things are happening in the world regardless of if you know about them or not. It is your choice if to eat that last piece when you're already full. If to lay in bed all day when you need to recharge, or get up and do things even if you feel drained. This is a choice. 

You might say, well, if you have a job and you need to do those things, it's not really a choice. Actually, it kind of is. Cause you are choosing not to call in sick and get a day off for yourself to regroup and come back better, sharper, faster. 

So, what if you have a job that you hate. You have to go to it, cause you need the money, right? You can't quit. But, in fact, you can quit. Nobody is stopping you from doing this but you. And the reason why you are stopping yourself from doing this is the fear that what if you don't find another job? What if you do and it's worst? What if you're working more instead of less? So, the thing that is making you make the decision to stay at that job is fear. But it is still a decision you are making. Based on the fear of the unknown. But what if another job might turn out to be the best thing ever for you? The best place you've ever worked with, with the best co-workers and the best bosses. Fantasy? Who says that? What if it turns out better than you thought it will?

I want to tone my body. Yet I am still eating junk food saying this is the last one. What is making me put that food in my mouth? My choice. I choose to do it, knowing that I shouldn't, and feeling guilty afterwards. I say that I will exercise more for what I am eating, to balance it, but after I eat it I get upset that I gave in, I go through all kind of punishment thoughts in my mind, and I end up not doing the exercises, because I am wasting all that energy focusing on the wrong choice I made. And this is also a choice. I am choosing to use my time and energy thinking back on that, instead of saying "I did it, I ate it, now I am working out for 15 minutes without a break". Cause after those 15 minutes, I guarantee you I wouldn't feel that bad anymore that I chose to eat the junk food. I would feel empowered that I said I will work out and I did it. I set my mind to something and I followed. 

But, as you see, it is our choice. It always is. So, what is your next choice?

 

 Photo credit: Pat_Scrap de la Pixabay

 

If this helped you in any way and you found value in it, you can make a donation. No amount is too small, but it is deeply appreciated. Thank you :)

 Donations : PayPal

 

No comments:

Post a Comment