Can this be possible?
No. It can't. And I am not trying to bring you down, or burst your bubble, or anything like that, but being happy all day, every day is not possible.
You are content. You are at peace. You are calm, you are relaxed. You are in a good state of mind, but you are not happy 24/7. You can't be. And that's normal. And it is also ok, cause, think about it for a second, if you are happy all the time, do you know that you're happy? Are you still fighting to get anything at all? If you are perfectly content with where you are, and how you are, will you ever move and try to change anything? Why change it? Because there might be something better in line. And because we weren't made to just exist and that's all. We were made to move forward, to try new things, to step into a new version.
I have days when I am so happy, and so content with everything, but I also know that I want - not necessarily need, but want - to move forward. To see what's next.
And then, I also have those days when my enthusiasm goes South, my motivation lacks, and I feel like things are not going anywhere, you're loosing hope. And it is hard to come out of this. The more you stay in it, the harder it gets to pull back up. That's the moment when you have to work with yourself and tell yourself that everything will be ok. Cause it will. It always has been, right? Things worked out one way or the other. Always. You have to remind yourself that. And you have to choose what to think.
I'm not saying it's easy. Your mind will go places, but you stop yourself in the middle of the thought and choose not to think that. Choose to change it. You don't necessarily have to replace it with something super amazing, but just choose to think of something else.
What's our biggest fear? That things will go wrong, that they won't work out. But what if they will? What if they will go well? Maybe not great, but well. I think we fear this so much because we fear pain and hurt. We fear sadness.
"Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst" - I don't really agree with that. Why not hope for the best, but be prepared to embrace the good, not the best. Cause when things end up being good, but not amazing, that disappoints on some level. But they are good, they're not bad, right?
Working with yourself isn't easy. It gets easier during time. You just have to choose each day to feel good. Choose to have a good thought. Choose to have a good day. And expect it to work out good (at least good), and this way you will be so happy when it turns out great.
You can't be happy 24/7. And most of the time is just your mind feeding you things that aren't real. But you can try to be content. You can try to calm yourself down. To replace a bad thought with a good one. To find a way to accept change when it comes and make yourself comfortable in the newly emerged situation. You are wonderful. And you are amazing. And you will be fine. You always are. Just hang in there. Things always get better.
Photo credit: me
If this helped you in any way and you found value in it, you can make a donation. No amount is too small, but it is deeply appreciated. Thank you :)
Donations : PayPal

No comments:
Post a Comment