It's amazing how you can find people around you who just give you the feeling that you are being watched, and protected, and that all the angels around you got together to guide you through the people next to you, or your intuition.
You can sometimes have a thought about something and it turns out to be a great idea. Or you hear a song and is like the lyrics give you the answer to what you should do, or, what road to take. You go one way and something appears in your way to change your direction, and after that you discover that the new direction lead you exactly where you should have been.
I've found myself late last Friday night, waiting for a tram to go to some night classes I am taking. I've made it part of the way, but I still had about three quarters of the way to get there. Every tram that was passing was either going in the wrong direction, or they were going to the depot. I've finally decided to take one that was going to the depot, but which, at least it was going the same way I needed, and so I could get closer to where I had to be.
There was a guy in the station asking me where the depot is, and if by any chance is after the station he needed to get to. I've answered him and we took that tram together. We talked in the tram, checking the app to see if any other tram is set to come and take us to our destinations. It appeared to still be 2 tram left, but none was coming. We got off to the last possible station that the tram could get us before heading to the depot, and waited there for about 15 min, and nothing came. Not one tram from the 2 that the app was showing it should.
At this point, he took his phone and called an Uber.
"- Come with me. I'll let you where I'm getting off" - which was on the same route as I was going, just that my station was a bit farther than his.
I looked at him, knowing that I had some money on me, but, as you know my story, since my business wasn't making money, and I was going through separation, every money counted.
He asked a few times, and I finally thanked him and said yes. I was thinking that we will split it, so it can't be that much. And we weren't that far from where his destination was.
The car came, we got up and I offered to pay. He refused. He insisted, just as I insisted I should give him half.
"- Thank God, money are not an issue" - he said to me smiling.
I thought at some point he will ask for my number, or try in any way to ask me out or something, because a guy can't just offer to help a girl without wanting something in return, right? Well ... he didn't. He didn't ask me out, he didn't make a pass at me. He was a complete gentleman. We talked about the classes I was taking, where I was going, and, surprisingly, he was thinking of taking them too. So he just wanted to know if I liked the classes, if I found value in them. He got the information from me and that seemed to be enough for him.
"- You're a good man." - I told him. And I meant every word. "I left home feeling not so great, and you just made my day better.". And he truly did. "Thank you."
I was supposed to meet another girl colleague on the way, but we were about 2-3 stations apart. She called another colleague of ours who had a car, and kindly asked him if he could pick us up. He did. Even if he was actually close to the location the classes were being held. He turned, picked her up, then came and picked me up, and took us all to the destination.
A guy offered to help a girl late in the evening (close to midnight) without asking anything in return. Another guy turned his car around, although he was close to his destination, and helped two of his colleagues get there safely. And I have so many more stories like this.
Now, I'm asking you, isn't the world filled with angels? Because it sure seems like it to me ❤
Photo credit: pixabay
If this helped you in any way, you can donate a little something to help me keep going. No amount is too small, but it is deeply appreciated. Thank you :)
Donations : PayPal

No comments:
Post a Comment